How is this book different and why should you care?
If you have an apple, and I have an apple, and we trade apples, how many apples do we each have? If you have an idea, and I have an idea, and we exchange ideas, how many ideas do we each have? This points out the power of a single idea. One great new idea can make all the difference.
The fact that you are reading this at all indicates that you care about yourself, that is a good starting place. It also indicates that you are willing to put a little bit of effort (maybe more) into making your life and situation better, also good. You don’t want to waste your time or money on something that will just be another “self-help” same old story book, however. I don’t blame you!
So, why this book now?
Here are five reasons I think are important, let me know what you think.
1) It is designed for the average folks who must get much more done with less. It creates foundations without which success in any other endeavors becomes more difficult and frustrating. If you make less than $65,000/year – you are my target audience.
2) It avoids a lot of the hyperbole (inflated expectations) of a lot of self-help books and internet hucksters. Likely, progress will be slow, but progress is success. Most of us will never be rich or famous and yet your life is important. I treat you that way in the book, no BS, no promises of riches or fame, just realistic and actionable tools, based on the most basic and enduring principles that drive humanity, and written for people with real lives and very little extra time.
3) It requires that you think. You cannot slide through like you did 8th grade history class and expect to get any value from the book. Thinking is how you improve your life, and it is self-reinforcing. Never feel ashamed of where you are at, just start from there and do what you can. You will be amazed at the progress you can make in small-focused steps.
4) It is written to the individual. An employer might be interested in the book, but it would be an exceptional employer. This book is for you, an individual, and will help no matter your income, race, background, education, or prior experience.
5) Finally, it is the only book on the market that describes and invites you to explore the 10 core enduring principles of personal motivation. These are the sources of your drive, focus, energy, and success. Again, there is no other book on the market that explores these 10 principles consistent with enduring principles and the latest in behavioral science. How it is possible that nobody has done this before, I don’t know, but what a thrill to think that I could be a small part of making the world, and your individual life a tiny bit better.
David R. Edwards is the author of the new bestseller, "New You! Who Knew?". You can find out more on his web site. Davidredwards.com To get updates and further insights be sure to subscribe. I never sell your information and rarely put out posts more than bi-weekly.